Important notice regarding TAS and new training requests

Martin Stockzell (1294494)

Unfortunately due to technical reasons beyond our control, our Training Administration System (TAS) will lose the ability to pull VATSIM user data from it's current provider. 

This is a crucial bit of information that - without it - would make the handling of new training requests extremely time consuming, difficult to manage and not to mention unsafe in regards to current Data Protection laws.

I have therefor found it unavoidable to stop processing new training requests until a new data provider is implemented. There is, fortunately, a plan in the works and I promise that we will work as hard and fast as possible to open up the system fully again! 
However, as of today I can't guarantee a time line, just the promise of "as fast as humanly possible"!

This will not affect users with an already existing request, or ongoing training.

This will take effect from July 30th at 00.01Z.

As soon as the replacement data provider is up and running I will, of course, inform you about this! 

I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and hope that it won't cause to much disruption to our services! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send me an email and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability. All contact information is available on the web page.

Martin Stockzell, Director

• Martin Stockzell (1294494) locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Small update:

Work is progressing nicely, however perhaps not that quickly that you would like. Again I'd like to stress that this is nothing we want to rush and make it semi-good.

With that said, we are getting closer, see the latest update from the Web Department: 

Also. Would everyone please log in to TAS to make sure that the system updates the user from the EUD standard to the VATSIM SSO standard. ASAP please, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Good news everyone!

The Web Department has worked like minions to get things working again.

So for a trial basis of 2 weeks, TAS is once again open for new training requests!

Note that this trial period can be cut short if something were to happen (technically).

If all is well after two weeks, we will evaluate the results and brief you again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Martin Stockzell (1294494) unfeatured and unpinned this topic