TopSky plugin 2.2.1 beta 9

Juha Holopainen

Marvin Juzwiak (1422009)

Is it possible to manipulate which airports and their respective METAR's get shown in the Weather Messages window? Just removing them from Euroscope's built-in metar list doesn't do the trick.

The main issue is that the QNH/TL window gets very cluttered with airports of no relevance to my sector.

Bjoern Helge Smaavollan (1055999)
11 hours ago, Marvin Juzwiak said:

Is it possible to manipulate which airports and their respective METAR's get shown in the Weather Messages window? Just removing them from Euroscope's built-in metar list doesn't do the trick.

The main issue is that the QNH/TL window gets very cluttered with airports of no relevance to my sector.

Try to deselect unwanted airports from the "Active airports runway" window in ES. (runway selection window). 

Hi everyone,

I've been using TopSky only for upper airspace control and I've noticed that, the bigger my sector, the more laggy it gets. I am not talking about ES being laggy in vanilla, as without TopSky it runs just fine no matter the size. However, when I put TopSky say on LFUP or EURM, I get perfect performance, but on EURW it is very hard to handle.

Any advice on what I can do to smooth out performance? Is there anything that I can do BUT upgrade my PC (which is not possible this time)?

Thank you in advance for your answers

//Peter

Juha Holopainen
On 1/7/2020 at 3:38 PM, Jan Doehring said:

Quick question: Is the transition level in the tag (when you can first select an altitude as cleared level) influenced by the default Euroscope value or does it use the QNHTL table from Topsky?

The TRL values in the QNH/TL window are for display only, they do not have any influence to other parts of the plugin.

21 hours ago, Marvin Juzwiak said:

The window shows data for all airports for which a METAR has been requested by EuroScope. Hiding the METAR from the ES list has no effect as the plugin won’t know about that.

5 hours ago, Peter Pare said:

Any advice on what I can do to smooth out performance? Is there anything that I can do BUT upgrade my PC (which is not possible this time)?

Any of the following may help:

- turning MTCD and/or SAP off
- using an altitude filter
- adjusting safety net parameters (for example raising the lowest level to search for conflicts as you’re only working upper airspace)
- wait for AFV to hopefully get better performance-wise, as it’s an additional burden on limited resources when using older hardware...

• Like 1

Oliver Gruetzmann (961224)

Follow up on the STCA issues:

Is it possible, that this does also affect suppression areas for parallel runways? Had several alerts between established parallel arrivals as well as between parallel departures which didn't show any deviation from the intended flight path and which were perfectly in the suppression areas shown via STS. Runways are defined as SOIR (22NM) and SOIR/DEPARTURE (10 NM).

Anything wrong with this setup?

FINALAPP:EDDM:08L
FINALAPP:EDDM:08R
FINALAPP:EDDM:26L
FINALAPP:EDDM:26R
SOIR:EDDM:26L:26R:22
SOIR:EDDM:26L:26R:10:0.4:1.5
DEPARTURE
SOIR:EDDM:08L:08R:22
SOIR:EDDM:08L:08R:10:0.4:1.5
DEPARTURE

Also, I'd expect that STCA_VFR=0 suppresses alerts between VFR/VFR and also between IFR/VFR (didn't have the chance to check between VFR/VFR, but got alerts between IFR/VFR).

Is it possible to restrict the STCA sound to the main instance? I use 3 instances, which makes the experience an... interesting one 😅

Oliver

And, btw: Any thoughts to allow spitted config files? Like, kind of #include in the original file?

I'm currently working on the GRPlugin stands for EDDM and just realized, that it's more than 1000 lines already - would be great to be able to split this by airport or even by apron, maybe.

Juha Holopainen
22 hours ago, Oliver Gruetzmann said:

Follow up on the STCA issues:

Is it possible, that this does also affect suppression areas for parallel runways? Had several alerts between established parallel arrivals as well as between parallel departures which didn't show any deviation from the intended flight path and which were perfectly in the suppression areas shown via STS. Runways are defined as SOIR (22NM) and SOIR/DEPARTURE (10 NM).

Anything wrong with this setup?

Also, I'd expect that STCA_VFR=0 suppresses alerts between VFR/VFR and also between IFR/VFR (didn't have the chance to check between VFR/VFR, but got alerts between IFR/VFR).

Is it possible to restrict the STCA sound to the main instance? I use 3 instances, which makes the experience an... interesting one 😅

There doesn't seem to be anything obviously wrong with the setup. The SOIR code is separate from the inhibition areas code, so it wasn't affected by the bug. It does appear though that none of the SOIR setups get activated until you have opened the ES runway selector dialog and closed it with "Ok" even if no changes to the runways are required. I'll see if I can get around that limitation. If you had adjusted the runways during that session, then the problem was something else. Without a memory dump of that exact point I can't really say where it went wrong.

STCA_VFR=0 suppresses VFR/VFR alerts only.

The CPDLC/STCA sounds can be manually toggled from the Settings menu, but I'll make the plugin switch them off automatically for proxy instances.

16 hours ago, Oliver Gruetzmann said:

And, btw: Any thoughts to allow spitted config files? Like, kind of #include in the original file?

I'm currently working on the GRPlugin stands for EDDM and just realized, that it's more than 1000 lines already - would be great to be able to split this by airport or even by apron, maybe.

No, not really. There are a number of ways for developers to address this issue. For example by using a text editor that supports code folding, or by using a number of source files and then combining them into one data file by themselves as it's just text data without any special formatting.

On 1/15/2020 at 1:06 PM, Juha Holopainen said:

There doesn't seem to be anything obviously wrong with the setup. The SOIR code is separate from the inhibition areas code, so it wasn't affected by the bug. It does appear though that none of the SOIR setups get activated until you have opened the ES runway selector dialog and closed it with "Ok" even if no changes to the runways are required. I'll see if I can get around that limitation. If you had adjusted the runways during that session, then the problem was something else. Without a memory dump of that exact point I can't really say where it went wrong.

STCA_VFR=0 suppresses VFR/VFR alerts only.

The CPDLC/STCA sounds can be manually toggled from the Settings menu, but I'll make the plugin switch them off automatically for proxy instances.

No, not really. There are a number of ways for developers to address this issue. For example by using a text editor that supports code folding, or by using a number of source files and then combining them into one data file by themselves as it's just text data without any special formatting.

Not sure if I had the dialogue open or not, I'll try that next time

About STCA, will code suppression work? I'm trying to find a solution to avoid alerts between VFR and IFR in the control zone. How does topsky handle this? Can't imagine that VFR traffic in the pattern makes the whole center go crazy with unnecessary alerts (I want to keep the STCA floor low to get alerts for traffic deviating from the Localizer).

The P1/P2 system uses a list of 90-100 codes to suppress alerts based on the type of flight.

Matisse VanWezer (1385143)
On 1/15/2020 at 1:06 PM, Juha Holopainen said:

Do you mean switch them off by default or disable them for Proxy connections? Not to be annoying or anything but sometimes I control the same position with someone else over the proxy connection,(Executative and planning) the more similarities and cross-overs between proxies the better for us!

Edited by Matisse VanWezer

• Juha Holopainen pinned and locked this topic
  • Juha Holopainen unlocked this topic
Jakob Arne Bronstad (1000634)

Is it possible to have two letter GS in tag without "N" infront of it?

And in Norway (NATCON) we have ADEST in tag with the only two last letters (ENGM=GM, ESSA=SA) is it possible to have that in topsky?

Jakob Brønstad
Sectorfile Department Polaris FIR

Email.png

Juha Holopainen

It is possible, in the "COOPANS" version by switching the N off in the Track Control Window. In the other version it's off by default. The default state can be set using the settings file (Label_All_N).

Regarding the other request, unless there actually is a real TopSky system somewhere displaying a two-letter ADES, it will go into the "non-TopSky requests" pile which I'll deal with after I've run out of TopSky related things to do.

• Thanks 1

Ricardo Sousa (1110850)

small bug on beta 2.2.1.9, setting System_TransferConfirmation to 1 or 2 will set transfer confirmation to off, while setting it to 0 will set it to NotRFL, which doesn't match the documentation or looks intended.

Juha Holopainen
11 hours ago, Ricardo Sousa said:

small bug on beta 2.2.1.9, setting System_TransferConfirmation to 1 or 2 will set transfer confirmation to off, while setting it to 0 will set it to NotRFL, which doesn't match the documentation or looks intended.

Thanks, confirmed and will get fixed

Patrick Weineis (1244867)

Hey Juha
Is it possible to refer relative to a external file for the Callsigns?
At the moment I must generate a testupdate in gng to get the new callsigns, and than add it to the topsky txt file.

So if I refer to the ICAO file from gng, it would be updated automaticly

Juha Holopainen
14 hours ago, Patrick Weineis said:

Hey Juha
Is it possible to refer relative to a external file for the Callsigns?
At the moment I must generate a testupdate in gng to get the new callsigns, and than add it to the topsky txt file.

So if I refer to the ICAO file from gng, it would be updated automaticly

I'll keep this in the beta thread as the answer is partly beta-version specific. And it's yes and no: No, you cannot refer to a file outside the plugin folder. But yes, you can make the plugin use a file named ICAO_Airlines.txt instead of TopSkyCallsigns.txt (only in the beta version though). The plugin first checks for the TopSky file, and if not found, then sees if the ICAO file is available. So if you can make GNG put a copy of the callsign file in the plugin folder your problem is solved. But then make sure you don't have an old TopSkyCallsigns file in the folder as the plugin would then never read the ICAO file.

Patrick Weineis (1244867)
2 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

I'll keep this in the beta thread as the answer is partly beta-version specific. And it's yes and no: No, you cannot refer to a file outside the plugin folder. But yes, you can make the plugin use a file named ICAO_Airlines.txt instead of TopSkyCallsigns.txt (only in the beta version though). The plugin first checks for the TopSky file, and if not found, then sees if the ICAO file is available. So if you can make GNG put a copy of the callsign file in the plugin folder your problem is solved. But then make sure you don't have an old TopSkyCallsigns file in the folder as the plugin would then never read the ICAO file.

OK than its sennsless to change it, cause thats still the same work than

Edited by Patrick Weineis
missreadet the answer

Well, actually, this is possible using hard links. This is what I do to link to the ICAO_Airlines used by Euroscope (and updated regularly):

In Windows Power Shell:

New-Item -ItemType HardLink -target "..\..\sct\EDMM\ICAO\ICAO_Airlines.txt" -Name ICAO_Airlines.txt

Or in the old command prompt:

mklink /H ICAO_Airlines.txt "..\..\sct\EDMM\ICAO\ICAO_Airlines.txt"

Path is relative to the Plugin DIr in that case, but can be an absolute path as well (needs to be changed to reflect your folders, of course). :)

EDIT: Not sure, but the console must be open in admin mode, I guess.

Edited by Oliver Gruetzmann

• Juha Holopainen locked and unpinned this topic