TopSky plugin 2.2.1 beta 9

Juha Holopainen

Juha Holopainen

TopSky plugin updates are available:

release version: 2.2.0.1

beta version: 2.2.1 beta 9

Changes from previous versions:

• Fixed a CTD bug related to the Lost List
  • Fixed a CTD bug related to Maps data file coordinate lines (applicable to the beta build only)
  • STCA inhibit area code fixed (untested but at least the most obvious issue in the code was corrected)
  • Release version now built with Visual Studio 2019 like the beta build, so requires the VS2015/2017/2019 x86 redistributable package to be installed to work

Both updates have been marked as critical due to the fixed CTD issues. It is advised to update the plugin as soon as practicable, but I've set the deadline to December 31st to give the users some time to notice the update.

Edited by Juha Holopainen
  • Like 6

Jan Doehring (1356262)

But MSAW exclusion works well now, thanks for the quick update and fix!

Now that most work regarding MSAW, STCA, MTCD is completed I started adding the holding patterns in our airspace. All of them have the line COLOR:red, but some are painted in the default black color. 

Screenshot_1.thumb.jpg.ff7bba27e369d7b3ec4f5d34911e4a47.jpg

Even completely deleting the lines and rewriting them doesn't seem to fix the problem... Any ideas?

Juha Holopainen
On 12/8/2019 at 5:42 AM, Oliver Gruetzmann said:

STCA suppression seems to not work (beta)

I'll keep it on the list then. Should be easy enough to troubleshoot assuming I can replicate it, but if I understand correctly the inhibitions never work, it should be no problem to replicate the issue.

EDIT: the problem can be that the code never checks more than the first defined area that is active. Does the first defined inhibition area in the data file work? If it does, deactivate it. Does the second one work then?

On 12/8/2019 at 12:03 PM, Jan Doehring said:

Now that most work regarding MSAW, STCA, MTCD is completed I started adding the holding patterns in our airspace. All of them have the line COLOR:red, but some are painted in the default black color.

Even completely deleting the lines and rewriting them doesn't seem to fix the problem... Any ideas?

Based on the picture alone, no. I'd need to see the complete data file to get an idea of where the problem lies.

The CPDLC freetext fix is in the development code so it will be available in the next beta release. As the development code is currently not at a point where I'd like to make it a beta build, I chose to put the CTD fixes into my archived beta 8 code instead and release that as beta 9.

Edited by Juha Holopainen

Jan Doehring (1356262)
12 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

Based on the picture alone, no. I'd need to see the complete data file to get an idea of where the problem lies.

Sure: TopSkyMaps.txt

Holdings that don't work correctly:

ERF, ERNAS, GARKI, LANDU, MIQ,MITNI, NAPSA, NOTGO, OTT, XERUM

Edited by Jan Doehring

Oliver Gruetzmann (961224)

EDIT: the problem can be that the code never checks more than the first defined area that is active. Does the first defined inhibition area in the data file work? If it does, deactivate it. Does the second one work then?

Indeed, that's what happens.

Juha Holopainen
35 minutes ago, Jan Doehring said:

Holdings that don't work correctly:

ERF, ERNAS, GARKI, LANDU, MIQ,MITNI, NAPSA, NOTGO, OTT, XERUM

The color lines in these maps are not "COLOR:red", but contain a variable number of extra whitespace characters in the end. That is causing the color name not being recognized. The plugin considers the whole line after the "COLOR:" part as the requested color name, and as it doesn't match with a defined color in these cases, reverts to the default black color. There's also an extra whitespace character in the map "ERNAS" name (so it's actually "ERNAS "). That has nothing to do with the coloring of course, just for your information.

17 minutes ago, Oliver Gruetzmann said:

Indeed, that's what happens.

Good, then it's already fixed in the development code.

• Like 2

Jan Doehring (1356262)
1 hour ago, Juha Holopainen said:

The color lines in these maps are not "COLOR:red", but contain a variable number of extra whitespace characters in the end. That is causing the color name not being recognized. The plugin considers the whole line after the "COLOR:" part as the requested color name, and as it doesn't match with a defined color in these cases, reverts to the default black color. There's also an extra whitespace character in the map "ERNAS" name (so it's actually "ERNAS "). That has nothing to do with the coloring of course, just for your information.

Well, something I must have overlooked then. I didn't think of the plugin cheking the entire line, so I only checked if there were any spaces between COLOR: and red, but couldn't find any. Unfortunately these spaces aren't as prominent in Notepad++ as in the default editor. Thanks for taking a look!

54 minutes ago, Jan Doehring said:

Well, something I must have overlooked then. I didn't think of the plugin cheking the entire line, so I only checked if there were any spaces between COLOR: and red, but couldn't find any. Unfortunately these spaces aren't as prominent in Notepad++ as in the default editor. Thanks for taking a look!

Use "Ansicht -> Nicht druckbare Zeichen -> Alle Zeichen anzeigen"

• Haha 2

Hi Juha,

I have a question regarding the weather radar.

Despite the fact that the variable "Color_Weather_Map" is defined in the dev excel sheet, whenever I set it to an RGB value in my SettingsLocal txt TopSky throws an error at me.

t5BT9bK.jpg

Do you know what the issue could be?

Thank you in advance!

Peter

VATFrance vACC

Edited by Peter Pare

Ricardo Sousa (1110850)

Thanks for the update, life is much better now without euroscope crashing.

One thing I noticed was missing from documentation was the the RPSF symbol option for the FPASD tracks, in the symbols.txt, in case anyone else needs it.

4 hours ago, Ricardo Sousa said:

Thanks for the update, life is much better now without euroscope crashing.

One thing I noticed was missing from documentation was the the RPSF symbol option for the FPASD tracks, in the symbols.txt, in case anyone else needs it.

Not too much into topsky, yet - what's the RPSF symbol for? Don't know if I need it without knowing what it does 😄

Jonathan Hougaard (1457572)

Question regarding the TopSky plugin:

When clicking on an uncorrelated track, according to the manual, there should be an option to create an APL.However, I only get the default ES menu with an option to manually correlate. Obviously the APL function is not used nearly as often on VATSIM as it is in real life, but it would still be nice to have. Do I need to change something somewhere to enable that option? Is there another way to create an APL (via the FPL window maybe?)

Edited by Jonathan Hougaard

Martin Loxbo (811805)

I get the correct click spot to create APL on an uncorrelated track. If you don't have that option it sounds like your tag definition is not set up to use the TopSky function for uncorrelated tracks.

2 hours ago, Jonathan Hougaard said:

Is there another way to create an APL (via the FPL window maybe?)

Exactly, Flight plan window, CREAPL

40 minutes ago, Martin Loxbo said:

Exactly, Flight plan window, CREAPL

Hmm. When trying that, I get "Error: Unable to create APL (invalud callsign)". Any idea why?

Martin Loxbo (811805)

Are you sure the callsign is actually online? I'm not 100% sure but I think it needs to be a callsign that's online, and that doesn't have a flight plan filed already. So if the pilot logged in as OY-ABC it wouldn't work with OYABC for example.

1 hour ago, Martin Loxbo said:

Are you sure the callsign is actually online? I'm not 100% sure but I think it needs to be a callsign that's online

Ah ok. I guess that is it.

Hakan Schulz (937154)

@Juha Holopainen  Would it be possible to, please, post a links to the latest valid and stable TopSky and GRplugin files first (at the very first top post) in this thread ?

Unfortunately, it seems the updates of our offical sector file packes is somewhat out of sync with plugin updates and it is rather tedious to scroll backwards from
latest post and try to find the links and nevertheless risk having scrolled past the latest valid.

• Like 6

Alexander Arlow

Hello Juha! I am trying to get the NOTAM activation for TSAs to work and I have a few questions. Here are the settings that I made so far:

HTTP_NOTAM_Area_Sched_Debug=1
Areas_NOTAM_Activation=1
HTTP_NOTAM_... settings are default.

From my understanding it looks at the website https://pilotweb.nas.faa.gov/PilotWeb/notamRetrievalByICAOAction.do?method=displayByICAOs&reportType=RAW&formatType=DOMESTIC&retrieveLocId=LOVV&actionType=notamRetrievalByICAOs and filters all NOTAMS that start with QR and end with CA.

I have defined an area starting like this:
// LO MTA Schober
AREA:T:SHN
// CATEGORY:D
LABEL:N047.40.00.000:E013.58.00.000:MTA_SHR
LIMITS:105:245
ACTIVE:NOTAM:LOVV:SCHOBER
NOAPW
(omitting the coordinates)

and in said bulletin of LOVV at the time if writing, the following NOTAM is active:

A3357/19 NOTAMN Q) LOVV/QRMCA/IV/BO /W /105/245/4723N01414E046 A) LOVV B) 1912180815 C) 1912181335 D) 0815-1005 1235-1335 E) MILITARY TRAINING AREA MTA SCHOBER ACTIVATED: REF AIP AUSTRIA, ENR 5.2-3. FOR DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT ACTIVITY CONTACT WIEN INFORMATION FREQ 124.400MHZ, FREQ 134.625MHZ OR MILITARY RADAR FREQ 131.025MHZ. F) FL105 G) FL245

The two questions that I have are:
1.) Can you think of a reason why it won't account for the NOTAM Schedule? The area always stays cold.

2.) The debug does not seem to work, at least I have not found the mentioned file.

kind regards,
Alex

Juha Holopainen
On 12/17/2019 at 8:09 AM, Hakan Schulz said:

Would it be possible to, please, post a links to the latest valid and stable TopSky and GRplugin files first (at the very first top post) in this thread ?

I would actually like the beta users to follow the updates thread to get information on the changes in the builds, as well as important information on any bugs reported by other users. For that reason I'm not going to make it too easy to just download the latest beta, but I can adjust the first post to provide links to the release builds as well as links to the messages where the latest betas for the various plugins have been announced.

1 hour ago, Alexander Arlow said:

The two questions that I have are:
1.) Can you think of a reason why it won't account for the NOTAM Schedule? The area always stays cold.

2.) The debug does not seem to work, at least I have not found the mentioned file.

The area definition appears correct, so my first question would be if you have actually downloaded the NOTAMs in the plugin as it's not done automatically, and does the relevant NOTAM appear in the NOTAM List Window? When successfully created, the debug file will be "notamLogD.txt" in the plugin dll folder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alexander Arlow
17 minutes ago, Juha Holopainen said:

The area definition appears correct, so my first question would be if you have actually downloaded the NOTAMs in the plugin as it's not done automatically, and does the relevant NOTAM appear in the NOTAM List Window? When successfully created, the debug file will be "notamLogD.txt" in the plugin dll folder.

Holy shit, it works!! :D Aaah, I did not know that I have to trigger the NOTAM download manually. Also I did forget to load the FIR NOTAMS with "Airspace_NOTAM_Add=LOVV" but I realized that once you gave me the hint with the NOTAM download. Also the Debugging works now, perfect! I can not grasp what you have done with this Plugin Juha, my jaw just dropped onto the desk.

Edited by Alexander Arlow
  • Haha 1

Ricardo Sousa (1110850)
On 12/10/2019 at 5:02 PM, Oliver Gruetzmann said:

Not too much into topsky, yet - what's the RPSF symbol for? Don't know if I need it without knowing what it does 😄

oops been away for a while

RPSF is the flight plan track (FPASD) symbol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Jan Doehring (1356262)

Quick question: Is the transition level in the tag (when you can first select an altitude as cleared level) influenced by the default Euroscope value or does it use the QNHTL table from Topsky? I would expect latter with what I've experienced so far with Topsky, but then it doesn't work for me even though the TL is correctly shown in the table. 

Edited by Jan Doehring

• Juha Holopainen pinned and locked this topic
  • Juha Holopainen unlocked this topic
  • Juha Holopainen locked and unpinned this topic