Ground Radar plugin 1.3 GDI leak

Christian Kovanen (1379372)

Juha Holopainen

This is a GDI object leak in the code dealing with font property changes, affecting both the stable and beta builds. The rate at which the leak happens depends on the number of these changes in the currently activated maps, and the number of times the map is redrawn (when zooming/panning for regular maps, every screen refresh for APP window maps in the beta build). One object is leaked with every change, and eventually a limit is reached where funky stuff starts happening as can be seen in the video.

Short term fix:

- Do not keep any maps containing text activated, or edit the maps file and remove all FONTSIZE and FONTSTYLE lines

Long term fix:

- Wait for the plugin to be updated. I'll make fixed builds available ASAP. As it happens, Mr. Murphy has seen fit to place the source code for version 1.3 somewhere I can't find it. This means I'll have to base the next 'stable' version on the previous beta (1.2.2b8) which is somewhat annoying but still better than having the leak in the code.

Juha Holopainen

Version 1.3.1 is now available with a fix to this issue. It did not do anything strange when testing with a log playback, was able to display all the maps in both the default and the modified map files without crashing, and did not leak objects no matter how much I zoomed and panned the screen, so I deemed it stable enough for release.

• Like 2