TopSky plugin 2.4 beta 2

Juha Holopainen

Juha Holopainen

No functionality changes from beta 1, only bug fixes. The intention is that all bugs reported in the beta 1 thread have been addressed with the exception of the stubbornly returning METAR issue which is pending more information. If some of the previously reported ones are still present, just report them again.

Edited by Juha Holopainen
  • Thanks 1

Juha Holopainen

The dump file doesn't seem to be captured when the confirmation window (showing the "Delete the message?" text) is visible. The weather messages window is open and displaying a plugin-downloaded Beijing METAR, but either you already clicked Yes or No in the confirmation window or didn't even start the deletion process. I need a dump from the correct point so I can analyze what the plugin would do next (when "Yes" is clicked).

Hongye Rudi Zhang (1326158)
21 minutes ago, Juha Holopainen said:

The dump file doesn't seem to be captured when the confirmation window (showing the "Delete the message?" text) is visible. The weather messages window is open and displaying a plugin-downloaded Beijing METAR, but either you already clicked Yes or No in the confirmation window or didn't even start the deletion process. I need a dump from the correct point so I can analyze what the plugin would do next (when "Yes" is clicked).

Oh my bad! you mean save the dmp before i click yes or no! well yeah new dmp file is there -> https://mega.nz/file/Py5zRIwR#IQhkj6ZmeTD00W2dB1NIj_AyZAzUhCd3ygDmb_llpLA

1 hour ago, Juha Holopainen said:

@Hongye Zhang I think I found the cause. I've updated the package with the fix - the only changed file is the plugin dll - have a look if it works now.

You are a genius! All functions are normal! Thank you soooo much!! I'm a bit curious. The "cancel" of the MET window cannot be used. Is this normal? Nothing happens when I click it.

Juha Holopainen

The "Cancel" button in the real system's windows cancels all unapplied user entries and closes the window. I've decided to not make the plugin close the window, and as there's no user entry possible in the weather messages window, the button does nothing.

4 minutes ago, Juha Holopainen said:

The "Cancel" button in the real system's windows cancels all unapplied user entries and closes the window. I've decided to not make the plugin close the window, and as there's no user entry possible in the weather messages window, the button does nothing.

I see!!! Thanks a lot! Also a suggestion for improvement,  an automatic refresh rate setting of plugin source METAR , or one-click refresh all option maybe?

Edited by Hongye Zhang

Matisse VanWezer (1385143)

This bug was also present in the first beta but I failed to report on it. 

The "Primary Frequency messages" window has some weird behaviour where click and holding a message sometimes causes all messages below it to shrink to the clicked message's size.

image.png.0a4e9d64842d45fd6584396ca3bba281.png

image.png.8d96cbbfe3e2ac55e9d1e917acb8a9c2.png

image.png.eaa119dfbd79e0184c7b658d981e75f2.png

image.png.03d027e8521cf6450e692c702e4edad8.png

Edited by Matisse VanWezer

Juha Holopainen

I'll fix the display - as well as the ATC messages window as it shares the same code and will have the same behavior.

• Thanks 1

Juha Holopainen

That's not a lot of information. Is it the FIR NOTAMs that you're not seeing, or aerodrome NOTAMs for that FIR? Are you seeing some other NOTAMs? What steps have you taken so the plugin would know to download those NOTAMs?

Mark Jansen (810676)

Effective 2.4 beta 1, the default font was changed to Lucida Sans Unicode (configurable). What was the font used in previous versions?

Best regards,

Mark Jansen
Navigation & Sectorfiles Department Dutch VACC

• 2 weeks later...
Jannik Vogel (1432304)

Hi Juha,

it seems that in the current version (2.4b2) there is no possibility to change the font size of the Items in the Flight Plan Lists.

In my setup it is always automatically set to "use TAG size" and there is no way to change that, neither by editing the list in the Plugins.txt, nor by changing it in the List-Interface (because in the Exit-dialogue it won't be listed as an item that can be saved).

Maybe that is intended (?), for me it would be more comfortable to have the possibility to change the size.

Best regards,

Jannik

Edited by Jannik Vogel

Juha Holopainen

Hi,

for the Flight Plan List, I am able to adjust the item sizes, either by editing the settings file directly or using the list setup dialog. For any plugin-created lists, however, neither is possible. EuroScope just doesn't read the info from the file or attempt to save it on exit. If the information is entered directly into the file, EuroScope will ask to remove it on exit. The same happens with the "Coloring" setting. This is a bug in EuroScope, and there's nothing the plugin can do about it.

• Like 1

• Juha Holopainen locked and unpinned this topic