MAESTRO plugin 1.1 beta 4

Juha Holopainen

Jan Naslund (812053)

Hi,

I can't find an installation instruction anywhere. Do i search my computer for the files within the zip and just replace them or is there another way of installing this beta?

Thanks / Janne

image.png.00e5810963b51058867b70e3410877d5.png

Max Kuhla (1157125)

If you do not have sufficient knowledge how to update this, I suggest using the version included in the Swedish package.

2 hours ago, Jan Naslund (812053) said:

Hi,

I can't find an installation instruction anywhere. Do i search my computer for the files within the zip and just replace them or is there another way of installing this beta?

Thanks / Janne

image.png.00e5810963b51058867b70e3410877d5.png

Juha Holopainen

The "Documentation" folder you've highlighted there is a good place to look for instructions. You can either build a completely new setup in which case you'll need to look at the developer documentation, or use an existing one - the one provided in your normal sector package as-is, or updated to the beta version by overwriting the old files. The settings file in the beta package is just an example setup though, it will work, but it may not have up-to-date information on the airports and the settings values might need adjustment. Its purpose is mainly to make the plugin useable in some way without extensive setup, and to act as a starting point for developers.

• 3 weeks later...
Lukas Agerskov (1226374)

@Juha Holopainen We have done some testing with MAESTRO at LIVE and at some VTC, and while the program as a whole is fine, it breaks halfway down the line it seems. 

Planes have a tendency of getting bounced around, once they pass that feeder fix they are calculated on. Once they are on the other side of the fix on the scope they have a tendency of jumping back on the wrong side of the MAESTRO side and then get calculated again, and that makes them build up a whole lot of double delay. 

The "Remove Flight" function also removes them but makes them pop back up again some moments later, and then being taken into the recalculation.

The "Frozen" feature seems to be only valid in relation to the landing time, but it would be great to have a feature for them to be marked frozen in relation to the feeder fixes, as well as having a chance of them being completely locked by the time they pass the feeder fix, so they don't inadvertently jump back into the queue, but stays on the bottom side of the red line after they pass it. 

In the beginning all the times fits, but after the first 45 minutes everything starts to show an enormous amount of delay and i think its due to the planes already passing the fix being recalculated and jumps back into the queue, or sometimes, it just gets stuck and calculating being at the feeder fix within 1 minute event though it already past it inbound. Not sure what we can maybe to to tackle this?

Edited by Lukas Agerskov (1226374)
  • Like 1

Stephen Odgaard (811390)

@Juha Holopainen 

A couple of clarifying questions to the terminology:

image.png.3297d6cd3b804b711639cf26ed46bc2c.png

I understand Curr. delay (Remaining delay) as what ATC needs to introduce in order to not overload capacity at the time of landing. Correct? This is in other contexts defined as the Time to Loose (TTL).

How about the Total delay?

Also ETA at Feeder Fix. This is assuming the Curr. delay is introduced by ATC right?

image.thumb.png.81f582f04d8dd53bf346f0c55c3be8d7.pngimage.thumb.png.67304169d06021e556e0b879f81c115f.png

Edited by Stephen Odgaard (811390)

Stephen Slot Odgaard

C3 - DK

A320 MSFS FBW VR and Skalarki panels w converted real sidestick and tiller.

Juha Holopainen

I have not come across any tendency of planes to "bounce around". A series of screenshots might help. First with everything OK, then when it starts getting wrong, more wrong, and so on, with the time interval between successive images short enough so I don't have to guess what happened in between. The images should show both the MAESTRO window and the radar screen showing all the relevant traffic.

Regarding the terminology, the total delay is the difference between the flight's initial ETA (without any delay) and the currently calculated STA at the landing runway. The current delay is how much the aircraft must be delayed (or expedited if the value is negative) to reach the threshold at the scheduled time (=TTL/TTG in TopSky). In other words, the amount of the total delay that has not yet been dealt with. "ETA FF" is actually a typo that has made it from the code all the way into the documentation. It should be "STA FF", i.e. the scheduled time to cross the feeder fix so that the rest of the flight will not need any further delaying action.

• Thanks 1

Stephen Odgaard (811390)

Thanks for the explanation. This makes sense. Will see if I can document the issue Lukas is discussing.

Stephen Slot Odgaard

C3 - DK

Stephen Odgaard (811390)

Also Juha,
I would very much like a horizontal scrollbar.

When fully staffed and sitting on Eg EKDK_B_CTR then If I am to see the MONAK arrivals they are all the way to the right, and I would have to have all the other Feederfixed shown in order to see MONAK arrivals. With a hoz scrollbar I could avoid taking up more than one column to see whats in my immediate interest as _B_. 🙂

Stephen Slot Odgaard

C3 - DK

Juha Holopainen

A EuroScope logfile is always a useful tool, so save one after a session where you see things going wrong. The logfile can then be played back as many times as necessary to see what happened. The timelines can already be scrolled horizontally using the left/right arrow buttons, see the manual for details.

• Thanks 1

• Juha Holopainen locked and unpinned this topic