TopSky plugin 2.5 beta 5

Juha Holopainen

Juha Holopainen

I'll fix the holding list positioning and the graphical issues. The code for the ET STAR item seems to have vanished completely somewhere between versions 2.4.1 and 2.5b1. Have no idea what happened to it but I'll put it back in.

On 07/09/2023 at 23:15, Hongye Rudi Zhang (1326158) said:

And maybe possible to add a Subtype of DCL to match SQ?

What exactly does this mean?

• Thanks 1

Hongye Rudi Zhang (1326158)
3 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

What exactly does this mean?

Just like you matched SID/AHDG, maybe there could be a match for SQ?

Oliver Gruetzmann (961224)

Hi,

Setup_ScreenLat seems to move the visibility center if configured at start up (or too early?)

Our TopskySettings.txt has Setup_ScreenLat=EDDM defined as second entry and if I log in as _OBS, I get the following  vis center:

image.thumb.png.fd257fef44d16c0fd951a68b15f8857b.png

If I move this entry into the [_OBS] category instead, the vis center will be at EDDM.

Seems like something is called too early (before the sct/ese is loaded?)

• Like 1

Juha Holopainen
19 hours ago, Hongye Rudi Zhang (1326158) said:

Just like you matched SID/AHDG, maybe there could be a match for SQ?

But SQ? Sequence number, squawk, something else? Seems like a very special case to have a different clearance format based on something like that, so probably no.

17 hours ago, Oliver Gruetzmann (961224) said:

Setup_ScreenLat seems to move the visibility center if configured at start up (or too early?)

The setting value triggers the ".dcenter" command, which does seem to change the visibility center as well if it had not been specifically set earlier by the user or automatically by EuroScope. I'll adjust the code to set the longitude value as well (it's currently setting it to 0) and change the setting format to accept a "latitude,longitude" format in addition to the current "latitude" and "point name" options.

• Like 2

Hongye Rudi Zhang (1326158)
7 minutes ago, Juha Holopainen said:

But SQ? Sequence number, squawk, something else? Seems like a very special case to have a different clearance format based on something like that, so probably no.

squawk I mean

Stephen Odgaard (811390)

@Juha Holopainen I am persuing the Vertical Aid Window still.

Previously it was after SAP... and before Message In...

Could we get it back in there please?

/Stephen

image.png.b20a036f588b2031e80c07ea04500ea1.png

Stephen Slot Odgaard

C3 - DK

A320 MSFS FBW VR and Skalarki panels w converted real sidestick and tiller.

Mark Jansen (810676)

Hi Juha,

Thanks again for the excellent and continuous development of TopSky. We've been using several functions as part of our controller package for a few years now and we certainly don't want to miss out anymore.

As from v2.5 beta, the route draw line is thick compared to previous versions. Is there any way to reduce the line width?

image.png

Best regards,

Mark Jansen
Navigation & Sectorfiles Department Dutch VACC

• Like 1

Matteo Massini (1484129)
1 hour ago, Mark Jansen (810676) said:

Hi Juha,

Thanks again for the excellent and continuous development of TopSky. We've been using several functions as part of our controller package for a few years now and we certainly don't want to miss out anymore.

As from v2.5 beta, the route draw line is thick compared to previous versions. Is there any way to reduce the line width?

image.png

Best regards,

Mark Jansen

Hey Mark,

I solved this by setting FlightLeg_LineWidth to 0, this reduces the flight leg line width to 1 pixel regardless of circumstances (e.g. MTCD or SAP).

Best, Matteo

Matteo Massini

vACC Italy ATC Training Director

vACC Italy Operations Department

Mark Jansen (810676)

Thanks Mateo, I'd been searching for "route", "line" and "draw" but couldn't find any hits. But the thing is apparently called FlightLeg.

Anyway, thanks for helping me out.

Mark Jansen

Juha Holopainen
On 14/09/2023 at 15:50, Jakub Kolar (1190571) said:

Hi, now I have noticed that PEL is also visible in assumed labels when allowed for Coordinated.

I'm guessing that's the "PEL" label item, not "CFL/PEL"? As the latter is likely more common, and used by all the labels I've tested with, I'm not surprised this hasn't come up earlier. I'll have a look.

On 16/09/2023 at 22:42, Stephen Odgaard (811390) said:

I am persuing the Vertical Aid Window still

As Bernardo wrote, the window is now opened either by a mouse action in the CARD window, or by using the provided tag function. The example label set for the COOPANS setup contains the tag function in a couple of tag items, or you can edit whatever label setup you have and add the function to the items you like to have it available from.

Ahti Matilainen (1470273)

There is some issue with the ICAO equipment codes, not sure if it's a topsky issue or euroscope but thought it would be worth reporting here anyway.

Before I do anything the flight plan will (usually) show the ICAO equipment code as expected

1.png.2e182e09853ec7943ef60d42741288d9.png

Then it switches to the FAA codes. Often when I assign a squawk code or change something in the flight plan, sometimes it happens on its own, sometimes it doesn't happen at all.

image.png.e5fc805d7905659f94e22c5b7b86432b.png

"Get FP equipments in ICAO format" is enabled in Euroscope settings of course. Using the Finnish topsky config, but it has been happening ever since euroscope introduced support for ICAO equipment codes if I remember correctly.

Juha Holopainen

As you can imagine, it's fairly difficult to say what could be causing that. A EuroScope logfile showing that happening might provide a clue.

Roald Strangstadstuen (1425746)

2 issues.

DCL window does not autoset altitude + ASSR when DCL in initiated beforehand.
image.png?ex=6519b460&is=651862e0&hm=6447247fa2624cbde36b51442a3216ce3898885d5ac7ba5023bda5b8e44bcd61&

CPDLC is not enabled. However unlike 2.4 where it auto rejected logons. Now they need to be manually rejected.
image.png?ex=6519b4e2&is=65186362&hm=f61b349ead0a6225e85cba5ced014df4961300f0eed90fc7698ed234ac4f9e32&

Juha Holopainen
21 hours ago, Roald Strangstadstuen (1425746) said:

DCL window does not autoset altitude + ASSR when DCL in initiated beforehand.

I'm not sure I understand the issue correctly but have you enabled the the relevant settings? As the DCL Window is a completely separate window from the PDC Window, it has its own settings to determine if those values should be set on opening the window.

21 hours ago, Roald Strangstadstuen (1425746) said:

CPDLC is not enabled. However unlike 2.4 where it auto rejected logons. Now they need to be manually rejected.

I don't remember if this was intentional or not. Having the auto-reject saves the controller some work but may lead to repeated logon attempts all doomed to fail. I can put it back in, I guess it's slightly better that way.

• Juha Holopainen locked and unpinned this topic