TopSky Squawk Codes Reset itself

George Daniel Schoonraad (1768227)

• Hello everyone! I hope everybody is doing well! I’m a S1 controller from VATSSA and the division uses the Topsky plugin in Euroscope. The plugin handles all the squawk code assignments. I’m having an extremely interesting problem with the plugin, and just wanna check if you’ve heard about something similar in the past or not or have a suggestion on how to fix it. I asked around to staff of vatssa, and other experienced members in the vatssa community, but nobody knows about it, so I’m asking here Basically, when I’m logged in to vatsim as ATC, I assign aircrafts squawk codes to the aircrafts, then a bit later I change the aircrafts status (from like from nothing to On frequency or to Push or something like that, or I set the clearance flag ect ) but then the squawk code reset itself to the default code. It also reset even when I just move the tag of the aircraft on the map. So it basically when I move/click on the tag, or change anything in the departure list, the sqauwk code resets itself. This means I eather have to write down all the sqauwk codes of all aircrafts with a pen and paper, and then type it in manually every time it resets. (I can do this whens there is only 1/2 aircrafts on the ground, but not in busy events, thus I can’t control in events cutrently) Or I have to give aircrafts a new sqauwk every 2 min, so that means they have to sqauwk 5 things whilst on the ground (every time their status change from like On Frequency to Push to Taxi ect. (This won’t work because its extremely unprofessional ) or I just can’t control. So obviously I wanna fix it This is happening consistently in multiple sectors since I started controlling, but the problem didn’t happen once during my training on sweatbox. I’ve re-installed euroscope and all the sector files, but it didn’t change. This also only happens to mean, so when TWR say is online, it doesn’t happen to them. Have you encountered something like this in the past? Thanks in advance!

Adrian Bjerke (1339353)

It sounds like there are multiple plugins in the sectorfile that is working against each other (i.e two or more plugins that does squawk assignments).

Anyways, you should bring this up this issue to the sectorfile developer in VATSSA first, given that you only hold a S1 rating I assume that is not you.
If this issue is only affecting your sectorfile but not others in VATSSA, then there is something wrong with your sectorfile and/or EuroScope installation.

Edited by Adrian Bjerke (1339353)

Hey, thanks so much for the support! I really appreciate it! After reinstalling the sector file, and eursocope for the second time, I was finally able to resolve it. As it turns out, it was just a clash with my keyboard shortcuts. :)