TopSky plugin 2.5 beta 8

Juha Holopainen

Juha Holopainen

Beta 8 attached. Somewhat overdue, was waiting for the next EuroScope version to be available, but as I don't know what that'll happen I decided to release this anyway...

Changes from beta 7:

• AHDG label field no longer displays a direct-to clearence unless it was given using an AHDG related function (i.e. the AHDG menu "Point" option or the AHDG vector). Can be set up to work as before using the settings file.
  • Some OCL filtering introduced (OCL ADES must be the same as current ADES to avoid displaying clearance for same callsign's previous flight, settings to filter out flight plans based on ADEP and/or ADES longitude)
  • More options for flight plan equipment code handling
  • Code added to synchronize area activations and certain other data across EuroScope instances on the same computer
  • Airspace Management Window "Master" mode added (but completely untested) - uploads area activations to defined URL. The data can then be used by "Remote" mode users. Both "Master" and "Remote" can be activated at the same time if necessary but as the remote data is only downloaded at 5 minute intervals, changes made by different users should have more than 5 minutes between them to be sure the second one has the changes made by the first one before changing anything.
  • SAP warnings only given for conflicts within own sector unless track is assumed, in which case all future conflicts are shown.
  • Scaling setting introduced for mouse click areas on the radar screen
  • Changes to areas and maps data file syntaxes
  • op_text and op_text2 should now by default be editable also by the downstream controller. The required communication works like the RTI and TIP functions so the availability of the feature is equally good or bad. The feature can be inhibited in the settings file.
  • QDM line related functions added to radar position symbols in cases where the line endpoint is a track. As the symbols already have mouse functions, the QDM line related functions for the radar position symbols must be done by simultaneously keeping the Alt key pressed.
  • Minor changes to the example settings files for the COOPANS setup
  • Bug fixes and other changes I've forgotten about...

TopSky25b8.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Juha Holopainen

For users of the Finnish setup, the attached package contains plugin data files and EuroScope settings files compatible with the beta version. Overwrite the existing files with the ones in this package to get the intended behavior (must be repeated every time the sector package is updated as it contains the files compatible with plugin version 2.4).

Minor changes from the previous beta:

• TopSkySettings.txt updated

setup_finland.zip

• Juha Holopainen unlocked this topic
Hannes Altmann (1395737)

Hello Juha, 

we noticed that the route draw distances along the route seem to be wrong:

image.thumb.png.0dba9a6d62f66ee44d509f719c742f23.png

image.thumb.png.3ae8271dc3f4fd1a5ea65da29456f123.png

Max Kuhla (1157125)

Present HDG sometimes shows with numbers after several right clicks on AHDG, not a big problem, possibly just a strange bug. The first right click always gives me an H without numbers as intended. Below is a log file of it happening, (SDR82GD), the third (or maybe fourth) time right clicking it showed numbers next to the H.

It would be great to have the option to specify showing/hiding the selectable columns in the Airfield Data window as default, TIME ARWY and TXT.

EuroScope20240505.txt

Juha Holopainen
20 hours ago, Hannes Altmann (1395737) said:

route draw distances along the route seem to be wrong

This may be an unintended side effect of adjusting the draw order of flight leg labels, I'll check it.

3 hours ago, Max Kuhla (1157125) said:

Present HDG sometimes shows with numbers after several right clicks on AHDG

This may be just you being too quick for EuroScope. The log shows a present heading command at 11:15:56, then a clear AHDG command at 11:15:58, then a present heading command at 11:15:59, a clear AHDG command at 11:16:01 and then a present heading command also at 11:16:01 and another clear AHDG command with the log timestamp still at 11:16:01, followed by a present heading command at 11:16:02. With the commands issued so rapidly my guess is that the data changes were too fast for all of them to be properly processed.

• Like 2

Max Kuhla (1157125)

Thanks for the great new version, really enjoying the changed click spots for the QDM!

Two wishes from me:

• MMB on hidden labels should toggle visibility, not just show the label momentarily.
  • Making it possible to change aircraft equipment by clicking the respective item in EQCST field (in the Flight plan window) would be splendid!

Again, only how I'm told it works in ESMM. 😅

Actually, a third thing also!

We have had talks in Sweden about how to coordinate clearance/ETD/prior notice through TopSky (on airports where prior coordination is required for departures), maybe through the DEP COORD window would be such a possibility, so that it somehow is shown to the ACC controller when TWR somehow requests a clearance or communicates an ETD.

Edited by Max Kuhla (1157125)

Juha Holopainen

Sorry but I stopped reading when I saw ESMM mentioned 🤣

I don't think I'll be touching EQCST until the FAA codes are a thing of the past. Individual quick look seems to be bugged, I'll sort it out.

• Haha 1

Martin Loxbo (811805)
On 05/05/2024 at 14:36, Max Kuhla (1157125) said:

Present HDG sometimes shows with numbers after several right clicks on AHDG, not a big problem, possibly just a strange bug. The first right click always gives me an H without numbers as intended. Below is a log file of it happening, (SDR82GD), the third (or maybe fourth) time right clicking it showed numbers next to the H.

I'm seeing some nuisance H in the labels, but not sure if it's "garbage" from the upstream sector or a plugin bug.

Bostjan Laba (1190497)

Does this version of TopSky support TrackAudio (ex VectorAudio) websockets for pulling frequency transmission into Euroscope and using that for RDF? Or should I manually add new RDF plugin and set Topsky RDF mode to -1?

Thanks

Juha Holopainen

The RDF function only works with AFV. Support for other audio clients may be added in future versions.