TopSky plugin 2.5 beta 3

Juha Holopainen

Juha Holopainen

Changes from beta 2:

• MSAW data file format updated (additional APM area definition option)
  • Symbols defined in TopSkySymbols available for maps
  • Remote area activation file format updated
  • Bugfixes

Edited by Juha Holopainen

• Juha Holopainen unlocked this topic
Juha Holopainen

Yes it was. The only exception should be the automatically displayed flight legs when a track is assumed - they should not erase any previously displayed ones. That's not working correctly at the moment but will be fixed. Triggering a flight leg manually will always erase all previously displayed ones.

Jakob Arne Bronstad (1000634)
On 20/06/2023 at 20:29, Juha Holopainen said:

Triggering a flight leg manually will always erase all previously displayed ones.

Why this change? It's nice to show two or more routes to measure distance etc. Please make a setting to make us show more than one route at a time. This is one step back, not one step further.

This will make us go back to the default ES route draw....

Edited by Jakob Arne Bronstad (1000634)

Jakob Brønstad
Sectorfile Department Polaris FIR

Email.png

Magnus Meese (997444)
On 20/06/2023 at 19:29, Juha Holopainen said:

Triggering a flight leg manually will always erase all previously displayed ones.

Please make this an optional function. Adding an artificial limitation to the scope's functionality for the sake of a (I'm guessing) tidier look will only cuff my hands without any of the fun stuff. The toggle route is a very useful tool for monitoring countless airspace and conflict scenarios, and also works very well as a remindme. Without this, I'd have to resort to far smaller sectors online.

Besides, @Krister Larsen (1340812) have no less than 20 toggled routes displayed at any given time. With this change, he'd be incapable of controlling anything 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Arvid Hansson (1162891)
2 hours ago, Magnus Meese (997444) said:

...for the sake of a (I'm guessing) tidier look...

It's how the real system works.

I do agree though that it's useful to be able to have multiple FLEGs toggled. A reasonable realism sacrifice for VATSIM purposes for sure.

• Like 3

Bernardo Reis (1096507)

The MSAW seems to be ignoring the inhibit areas. We have areas defined around our airports and always get MSAW warnings (it worked in 2.4).

image.png.8baf7de5757e4c0fa3ad71b82cec1baf.png

MSAW_Buffer_IFR=0
MSAW_Buffer_VFR=0
MSAW_PredictionTime=120

Additionally: Since some elements of the CPDLC menus were changed, can we get CPDLC services (automatic logon code and default clearances) for APP callsigns?

Bence Bozi (1300686)

Hi,

OVERRIDE_SCT_MAP:TSA
OVERRIDE_SCT_MAP:Aerodromes

not working. I can not hide these folders from Maps... menu. The rest works great.(misc, SID, STAR, ARTCC LOW...)

Bernardo Reis (1096507)
41 minutes ago, Bence Bozi (1300686) said:

Hi,

not working. I can not hide these folders from Maps... menu. The rest works great.(misc, SID, STAR, ARTCC LOW...)

Those are specific of Topsky, not from Euroscope. Not sure if you can hide those

Gursel Alp (1434943)

Hello, I found ATIS Info Letter on TopSkyList Items, is there way to input this into CPDLC and plugin automatically fetch info letter from Aircraft's ATIS info and send PDC.image.png.0e2cae3edbdabff928199ae7baec70f2.pngimage.png.3d3cb8dd4953240d69afbea1ce24ff36.png

Lukas Agerskov (1226374)

@Juha Holopainen On initial testing, for me it seems like its not longer possible to select the "+" or "-" when putting in speed restrictions. Could be a bug i suspect? Is anybody else have these issues?

Also I see on the COOPANS there is no longer a feature to keep the Radar Menu open, like there used to be. Could this be re-added?

Juha Holopainen
On 25/06/2023 at 20:12, Bernardo Reis (1096507) said:

The MSAW seems to be ignoring the inhibit areas. We have areas defined around our airports and always get MSAW warnings (it worked in 2.4).

It is currently ignoring areas with an MSA defined as zero feet. Not intentional, will be fixed.

On 25/06/2023 at 20:12, Bernardo Reis (1096507) said:

Additionally: Since some elements of the CPDLC menus were changed, can we get CPDLC services (automatic logon code and default clearances) for APP callsigns?

Can you give more information on what is not working CPDLC-wise when logged in with an APP callsign?

On 25/06/2023 at 21:54, Bence Bozi (1300686) said:

Hi,

As stated above, those folders contain no sector file based maps, only plugin-created ones (area boundaries and aerodrome hotspots). At the moment it is not possible to hide them or customize their folder or map names.

On 27/06/2023 at 16:44, Gursel Alp (1434943) said:

Hello, I found ATIS Info Letter on TopSkyList Items, is there way to input this into CPDLC and plugin automatically fetch info letter from Aircraft's ATIS info and send PDC.

The field should initially populate the ATIS letter from the PDC request. It can then be manually changed. It will be possible in the future to define clearance formats to send an ATIS field as well (such as "ATIS A"), either with whatever the ATIS letter contains, or only if different from what the PDC request contained. It will not be possible to automatically send the current ATIS letter as the plugin doesn't have that information.

On 29/06/2023 at 18:43, Lukas Agerskov (1226374) said:

On initial testing, for me it seems like its not longer possible to select the "+" or "-" when putting in speed restrictions. Could be a bug i suspect? Is anybody else have these issues?

Also I see on the COOPANS there is no longer a feature to keep the Radar Menu open, like there used to be. Could this be re-added?

The "+"/"-" selection is a bug. Clicking the boxes actually works but the boxes mistakenly display the currently set clearance type instead of the "about to be set" clearance type.

Also, you're not running the COOPANS setup at all based on those observations. Add "Setup_COOPANS=1" to the top of your settings file to correct that.

• Thanks 1

Bernardo Reis (1096507)
15 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

Can you give more information on what is not working CPDLC-wise when logged in with an APP callsign?

When connecting with an APP Callsign, the CPDLC logon defaults to the airport ICAO (we connect with LPPT_APP)- instead of the defined logon in the CPDLC file - and the checkboxes for the default clearances are not set according to the settings file.

Juha Holopainen

I can't replicate any of this. I tested creating a logon for EFHK_W_APP and added a setting to select the CFL checkbox for EFHK callsigns. Selecting that callsign correctly set the logon code and the CFL checkbox. Changing then to EFHK_E_APP correctly switched the logon to EFHK (no logon was specified for that callsign).

Bernardo Reis (1096507)
10 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

I can't replicate any of this. I tested creating a logon for EFHK_W_APP and added a setting to select the CFL checkbox for EFHK callsigns. Selecting that callsign correctly set the logon code and the CFL checkbox. Changing then to EFHK_E_APP correctly switched the logon to EFHK (no logon was specified for that callsign).

I will recheck my configuration and get back to you. Thanks for checking!

Bernardo Reis (1096507)
20 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

[STATIONS]
LOGIN:LPPC:LISBOA CTL:C
LOGIN:LPZC:LISBOA CTL:CENL
LOGIN:LPZD:LISBOA CTL:DEML
LOGIN:LPZE:LISBOA CTL:ESTL
LOGIN:LPZI:LISBOA CTL:MADL
LOGIN:LPZN:LISBOA CTL:NORL
LOGIN:LPZS:LISBOA CTL:SULL
LOGIN:LPZW:LISBOA CTL:OESL
LOGIN:LPWU:LISBOA CTL:OESU
LOGIN:LPNU:LISBOA CTL:NORU
LOGIN:LPCU:LISBOA CTL:CENU

LOGIN:LPYN:PORTO CTL:PRTMA
LOGIN:LPYP:PORTO APP:PRAPP
LOGIN:LPYL:LISBOA APP:APPLI
LOGIN:LPYT:LISBOA CTL:TMALI
LOGIN:LPYF:FARO APP:TMAFR
LOGIN:LPYM:MADEIRA APP:TMAMA

When I connect as LPPT_APP which has the station ID of APPLI, the CPDLC window appears like this:

image.png.12262abe17800bad61feb394c9be882c.png

And changing the active frequency doesn't seem to have an effect on it.

Even adding CPDLC_Default=1 to the APP section does not seem to add CPDLC by default to this window when connecting as APP.

Juha Holopainen

The General Information Window is showing you as "APPLI"? The plugin status submenu is not showing any faults for the CPDLC data file? Which of the other defined logins work (none, some, all CTR but no APP, all except APPLI, ...)? They can be tested offline as well just by selecting the primary frequency in EuroScope's Voice communication setup dialog, all the position-specific settings and such will be immediately applied when the prim checkbox for a login is checked, no need to even close the dialog.

Bernardo Reis (1096507)
26 minutes ago, Juha Holopainen said:

The General Information Window is showing you as "APPLI"? The plugin status submenu is not showing any faults for the CPDLC data file? Which of the other defined logins work (none, some, all CTR but no APP, all except APPLI, ...)? They can be tested offline as well just by selecting the primary frequency in EuroScope's Voice communication setup dialog, all the position-specific settings and such will be immediately applied when the prim checkbox for a login is checked, no need to even close the dialog.

General Information Window: APPLI
Plugin status: no CPDLC faults

All CTR but no APP works.

Bernardo Reis (1096507)
33 minutes ago, Juha Holopainen said:

all the position-specific settings and such will be immediately applied when the prim checkbox for a login is checked, no need to even close the dialog.

I cannot confirm this. Changing the prim freq, the general information window updates correctly the LFUNC but CPDLC Setting window remains the same. Only way to change is to reconnect.

This is all obviously using COOPANS version.

Edited by Bernardo Reis (1096507)

Juha Holopainen

You have to be offline. Then selecting the prim freq checkbox of a given line (login callsign) will act as if you were online with that callsign. Handy for checking or adjusting position-specific settings.

There are no login callsign restrictions related to the logon code. The plugin will only auto-select the beginning of the VATSIM login as the CPDLC logon if a defined code for the current LFUNC is not found in the CPDLC data file and the VATSIM login doesn't end in "_CTR" or "_FSS". If at least some logons are correctly set and there are no faults flagged in the data file, I'm not sure where the problem lies. Just to see if it's some weird issue with the data file, you can try moving the APPLI line to be the first logon code defined and see if it works then, and even if not, if the CTR logons below now below it still work.

As a last resort, you can make a dump file of the EuroScope process from Task Manager so I can see what's going on under the hood. Make it with APPLI being the current LFUNC and the CPDLC Setting Window open.

Bernardo Reis (1096507)
2 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

1 - You have to be offline. Then selecting the prim freq checkbox of a given line (login callsign) will act as if you were online with that callsign. Handy for checking or adjusting position-specific settings.

2 - There are no login callsign restrictions related to the logon code. The plugin will only auto-select the beginning of the VATSIM login as the CPDLC logon if a defined code for the current LFUNC is not found in the CPDLC data file and the VATSIM login doesn't end in "_CTR" or "_FSS". If at least some logons are correctly set and there are no faults flagged in the data file, I'm not sure where the problem lies. Just to see if it's some weird issue with the data file, you can try moving the APPLI line to be the first logon code defined and see if it works then, and even if not, if the CTR logons below now below it still work.

3 - As a last resort, you can make a dump file of the EuroScope process from Task Manager so I can see what's going on under the hood. Make it with APPLI being the current LFUNC and the CPDLC Setting Window open.

1 - Switching the prim freq around, the CPDLC defaults for CTR work but the logon code does not. For APP it goes to the ICAO code, for CTR the logon code stays empty. Also, the General Information window displays XX for the LFUNC.

2 - I've tried to put the APPLI line at the top but no luck, problem remains.

3 - Here goes the dump file: https://mega.nz/file/FIUD3STC#7zHfUsPkilCb4p7hrsDFaWzubeNEZ_2KjHeKRCVDtms

Juha Holopainen

If the gen info window displays XX for the LFUNC, then that's what EuroScope is reporting the current controller ID to be. The plugin tries to match that string to the datafile defined logons and obviously that's not going to work. Why it's displaying XX, I don't know, but if you find that out it might solve the issue as for me the window displays the expected IDs.

Bernardo Reis (1096507)
1 hour ago, Juha Holopainen said:

If the gen info window displays XX for the LFUNC, then that's what EuroScope is reporting the current controller ID to be. The plugin tries to match that string to the datafile defined logons and obviously that's not going to work. Why it's displaying XX, I don't know, but if you find that out it might solve the issue as for me the window displays the expected IDs.

Even when it displays APPLI the CPDLC window problem remains. It only displays XX when I'm offline.

EDIT: Ok, so I found a way to make it work:

When I open Euroscope, if I set the primary frequency first, the general information window will display XX. After selecting the primary frequency, when I connect with the appropriate callsign, the gen info will correctly display the LFUNC and the CPDLC window will update.

If I just open Euroscope, select a callsign and wait for the primary frequency to come automatically, the CPDLC window will not update for APP callsigns.

Edited by Bernardo Reis (1096507)

Juha Holopainen

I think the issue here may be how your voice communication setup dialog data is set up. The "Name" columns contain the station name after the callsign, and it's probably the entire string that is reported as the callsign when not online (I tried adding some text after my names which contain only the callsign and it only showed XX as the LFUNC as it does in your setup). I'm not saying it's wrong at all, and it may be possible to make the plugin work with that, but at least for now that may be the thing causing the issue. Now when connecting to VATSIM, the actual callsign is used without the station name, but I'm guessing the station name messes the situation up, either permanently in the background, or more likely for just enough time during the connection that the plugin does not receive the correct ID when it sets up the datalink logon. Why it works for CTR callsigns then is a bit of a mystery...

Bernardo Reis (1096507)
17 minutes ago, Juha Holopainen said:

I think the issue here may be how your voice communication setup dialog data is set up. The "Name" columns contain the station name after the callsign, and it's probably the entire string that is reported as the callsign when not online (I tried adding some text after my names which contain only the callsign and it only showed XX as the LFUNC as it does in your setup). I'm not saying it's wrong at all, and it may be possible to make the plugin work with that, but at least for now that may be the thing causing the issue. Now when connecting to VATSIM, the actual callsign is used without the station name, but I'm guessing the station name messes the situation up, either permanently in the background, or more likely for just enough time during the connection that the plugin does not receive the correct ID when it sets up the datalink logon. Why it works for CTR callsigns then is a bit of a mystery...

Indeed removing the station name after the callsign solves the issue.

I also found out some CTR callsings that do not work: LPPC_NU_CTR and LPPC_WU_CTR. Oddly enough, LPPC_CU_CTR works...

I have no other ideas really 🤔

• Juha Holopainen locked and unpinned this topic