Scrolling in CFL list in ES

Henrik Stahlberg (1294867)

Henrik Stahlberg (1294867)

Hello 

My name is Henrik Ståhlberg, 

To make this short, during my many training sessions for S2 controller i have noticed a problem that occurs both when i've had sweatbox sessions and online training.

The first day I log in online and everything works perfect. The next day when i log in online and i haven't changed anything but suddenly when i try to scroll in the CFL-list for a departing aircraft i zoom in and out on the radar display instead. 

One day i got so annoyed by this that i took the time and found a solution. Here it is.

If you log online and have the Ground view of an airport, and you zoom when trying to scroll in the CFL-list. What you need to do is to load the general-view of your airspace. Then in the general view just scroll in the CFL-List, you don't need to set anything, just scroll. Then go back to the ground view and TADA, now you should be able to scroll in the CFL-list in the ground view. 

DO note i have not tried this on Windows 10. only in windows 7. 

Don't know if this the right department, feel free to move this post. Hope this helps.

Best regards

Henrik Ståhlberg

Aleksander Storma (1145889)

Hi Henrik !

It's because you can only scroll the CFL list in the TopSky plugin. Once you switch to GND display you also switch plugins, you're now using GND plugin and not the TopSky which is used in general view ;)

Nick Juul Pålsson (1263696)
43 minutes ago, Aleksander Storma said:

Hi Henrik !

It's because you can only scroll the CFL list in the TopSky plugin. Once you switch to GND display you also switch plugins, you're now using GND plugin and not the TopSky which is used in general view ;)

Im experiencing the same problem as EKDK with TopSky?

Is that a question ? :)

For the scrollable CFL list to open the TopSky plugin must be in use. The TopSky plugin is active in the 'general view', but when you switch to GND view the plugin which is now in use is GRplugin (ground radar plugin). As there is no scrollable list in GRplugin you're unable to scroll CFL list in ground view, hence you're zooming in/out.

I think there's no difference between any country specific setup when it comes to this issue.

Gustav Kauman (1262761)
9 minutes ago, Nick Juul Pålsson said:

Im experiencing the same problem as EKDK with TopSky?

If you're on Win 10, then there's a problem with it. I recall Claus found a solution to the problem by changing settings in Windows, it's described here (sorry for Danish):

"I Windows 10 er der problemer med, at hjulet på musen ikke længere kan anvendes til at scrolle op og ned i valglisterne med (f.eks. listen hvor man vælger CFL, d.v.s. flyvehøjden). Udvikleren af Topsky er ved at undersøge om det kan løses i koden, men indtil da kan problemet løses således: 1) Åbn "Indstillinger for mus og berøringsplade"
2) Valgmuligheden "Rul inaktive vinduer, når jeg peger på dem med musen" skal være slået fra.
Bemærk dog for god ordens skyld, at dette påvirker ALLE applikationer i Windows 10, og ikke kun Euroscope"

I hope, that it makes sense, and that it answers your question :)

Martin Loxbo (811805)

If it's any consolation, in the real TopSky system it's not possible to scroll using the mousewheel, you have to click the up/down arrows to scroll in lists.

Nick Juul Pålsson (1263696)
4 hours ago, Gustav Kauman said:

If you're on Win 10, then there's a problem with it. I recall Claus found a solution to the problem by changing settings in Windows, it's described here (sorry for Danish):

"I Windows 10 er der problemer med, at hjulet på musen ikke længere kan anvendes til at scrolle op og ned i valglisterne med (f.eks. listen hvor man vælger CFL, d.v.s. flyvehøjden). Udvikleren af Topsky er ved at undersøge om det kan løses i koden, men indtil da kan problemet løses således: 1) Åbn "Indstillinger for mus og berøringsplade"
2) Valgmuligheden "Rul inaktive vinduer, når jeg peger på dem med musen" skal være slået fra.
Bemærk dog for god ordens skyld, at dette påvirker ALLE applikationer i Windows 10, og ikke kun Euroscope"

I hope, that it makes sense, and that it answers your question :)

Helt perfekt, Gustav! Det vil jeg prøve på et tidspunkt. 

@Martin Loxbo Maybe im just getting old, but i think the arrows are small and it goes a lot faster for me by scrolling! ??

Jouka Ahponen (1239359)

One tip also that I use a lot on the CFL and AHDG lists on topsky is to write the number on your numpad on the little scratchpad there is in the menu. Found this the fastest way especially if you would need to scroll the list otherwise.

Jouka

• Like 1

Another trick if to press 'F8' on the keybord, type in CFL and press on the tag or on the list- that will set new CFL.

Martin Loxbo (811805)
1 hour ago, Aleksander Storma said:

Another trick if to press 'F8' on the keybord, type in CFL and press on the tag or on the list- that will set new CFL.

That's cheating! :bandit:

Mark-Julius Pikat (1051954)
On 5 February 2016 at 1:49 PM, Martin Loxbo said:

If it's any consolation, in the real TopSky system it's not possible to scroll using the mousewheel, you have to click the up/down arrows to scroll in lists.

Martin, you are wrong. It is now possible to scroll with mouse inside the lists. However some are still used to clicking or manual typing.

Worth adding is that radar screen cannot be zoomed using mousewheel, only Range dialog or keyboard can be used for such.

spacer.png

Mark-Julius Pikat
Chief Executive Officer of VACC Estonia
mark-julius.pikat [at] estvacc.org

Martin Loxbo (811805)

Maybe I should have added that in Sweden it's not possible to scroll with the wheel. They don't even have mouse wheels (at least not on the consoles I've seen).

Mark-Julius Pikat (1051954)
1 hour ago, Martin Loxbo said:

Maybe I should have added that in Sweden it's not possible to scroll with the wheel. They don't even have mouse wheels (at least not on the consoles I've seen).

That is interesting. According to Thales manual, there should be this "center" button, in our case mouse wheel.

I will let you know if I find something about Swedish setup :)

spacer.png

Mark-Julius Pikat
Chief Executive Officer of VACC Estonia
mark-julius.pikat [at] estvacc.org

• 1 year later...
Martin Stockzell (1294494)

This thread surely needs a boost. Some with Win10 have the ability to scroll, some doesn't.

I know that it perhaps isn't as realistic for us swedish users, but in this case I really don't care. I have ALWAYS scrolled so now I zoom in and out almost every time I change, for example, a CFL.

This annoys the hell out of me :D

Juha Holopainen

With "scroll inactive windows" disabled, anyone should be able to scroll the menus as in previous Windows versions. With the setting enabled, the current release version of the plugin can't scroll the menus. The beta plugin can, but the code to achieve that isn't completely foolproof and the scrolling ability is occasionally lost. For anyone encountering this, it can be re-enabled by clicking on the colored square in the top left corner (left of the time value in the Global menu, that is...). The reason for this mess is that mouse wheel events aren't available for plugins so I just try to intercept the messages before they get to EuroScope.

• Like 2