Briefing Pack for Copenhagen, Kastrup released!

Gustav Kauman (1262761)

Gustav Kauman (1262761)

As the title suggest, a comprehensive manual for Copenhagen, Kastrup has been released!

It can be found on the pilot site here!

Or as a direct link here!

I hope you enjoy!

//Gustav

• Like 4

Gustav Kauman (1262761)
6 hours ago, Wygene Chong said:

This is really good Gustav!

Just a question, why don't we use RNAV STARs at EKCH?

Heh good question.. We don't use them on VATSIM since they aren't used IRL, but I actually don't know why they don't use them IRL. I think they are mostly there in case of a radar blackout, but I'm not sure. Maybe @Mikkel Johnsen@Mikkel Lindgren@Claus Hemberg Joergensen@Lukas Agerskov@Peter Schneider or @Per Birck Nielsen know the answer? :)

• Like 1

Mikkel Lindgren (1003540)

I can't give a much better explanation, however, AFAIK the RNAV arrivals are used at nighttime only IRL. 

On of the reasons for not using the RNAV arrivals with high volume traffic could be the tight airspace around the final approach area for rwy 22L - Compared to other european airports with approx the same traffic amount, the downwinds on the RNAV arrivals are rather short, and hence the ATC will often have to ask the pilots to leave the RNAV routing earlier due to alternating seperation procedures anyway - However, this is just guessing.

I have one comment to the "Taxi" section, though..

" Domestic arriving aircraft shall expect taxi instructions to Apron North via runway 30 and TWY K2 "

Well.. No.. That would be the case (for some domestic arrivals) if we still used Terminal 1, but as we don't anymore, I think this line should be left out.

And can someone confirm the standard use of twy Z and Y? I actually though that Z and Y were used like a "road", always driving/taxiing on the right side. For me it's somehow misleading that arriving traffic should expect twy Y - What about those landing 04L and taxiing via A F P or A F Q?

Other than that I only have applauses for your huge work, Gustav - Very nice indeed! :)

• Like 2

Best regards

Mikkel Lindgren

Lukas Agerskov (1226374)

In the case of Z, Y i do not know What the specific rules are, but the couple of times i have Flown there, we normally get Y outbound from the low cost terminal for 22R so the Whole drive right side of the road sound like a sound theory. My impression though is that whatever the rule is is mostly a guideline and not as extremely followed as other major airports. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Peter Schneider

Hi.

RNAV arr are never used in Kastrup. Not even during nighttime. ALL planes are vectored in the area, to give a smooth and more expedetite traficflow. 

The RNAV idea is to give the pilots an opportunity to plan the profile better, but as it is today, the points BASLO, LAMOX, ABEGI, ADOVI etc is used for that, and given early by ACC when trafic permits.

• Like 2

Gustav Kauman (1262761)
30 minutes ago, Peter Schneider said:

Hi.

RNAV arr are never used in Kastrup. Not even during nighttime. ALL planes are vectored in the area, to give a smooth and more expedetite traficflow. 

The RNAV idea is to give the pilots an opportunity to plan the profile better, but as it is today, the points BASLO, LAMOX, ABEGI, ADOVI etc is used for that, and given early by ACC when trafic permits.

Thank you for the insight, Peter! :)