TopSky plugin 2.5 beta 7

Juha Holopainen

Bernardo Reis (1096507)
1 hour ago, Bostjan Laba (1190497) said:

Guys, since I'm pretty new at all this, no toolbar from TopSky looks like this I have:
image.thumb.png.2c255bed6d7082bac20751075ac3a66e.png

So is this still a topsky toolbar or something else?

Thanks

That is the toolbar of the Ground Radar

Bostjan Laba (1190497)
24 minutes ago, Bernardo Reis (1096507) said:

That is the toolbar of the Ground Radar

Thank you, wasn't aware GR has a toolbar.

Jakob Arne Bronstad (1000634)

We need the ability to view more routes than just two. During major events, it's essential to have the option to see multiple routes to see the entire traffic picture. If one prefers not to revert, provide us with an option to configure this setting. 
In Polaris FIR many share this thought, And I also think other users agree.

• Thanks 1

Jakob Brønstad
Sectorfile Department Polaris FIR

Email.png

Magnus Rudjord (1170459)
6 minutes ago, Jakob Arne Bronstad (1000634) said:

We need the ability to view more routes than just two. During major events, it's essential to have the option to see multiple routes to see the entire traffic picture. If one prefers not to revert, provide us with an option to configure this setting. 
In Polaris FIR many share this thought, And I also think other users agree.

Agreed, especially during FSS or events in general it is a disadvantage to be able to only toggle one route at a time. 

S3+MAE | Norway

Toni Monner (1206448)

Since the new Euroscope 3.2.4 we are experiencing crashes of Euroscope when using TopSky 2.5. The combination of Euroscope 3.2.3 and TopSky 2.5 shows no issue. Anyone having same issues?

Oliver Gruetzmann (961224)
On 10/12/2023 at 18:02, Toni Monner (1206448) said:

Since the new Euroscope 3.2.4 we are experiencing crashes of Euroscope when using TopSky 2.5. The combination of Euroscope 3.2.3 and TopSky 2.5 shows no issue. Anyone having same issues?

I (and others as well) also experience crashes, but I wasn't able to figure if it's related to Topsky or some other plugin (or Euroscope itself).

Bostjan Laba (1190497)

So far no crashes on my side (using TS beta 7 but with ES 3.2.3). 

Also, I've managed to get last pilot on freq so I have it now on the message list and indicating on departure list.

image.png.eb22e2b0128802057e3a71e8ea4a8946.png

image.png.a70fb4a078a282c3b5f693b0a6a3a857.png

Also I've managed to get metar decoder under messages when new metar arrives.
image.thumb.png.58af5b14fe90501c33f66d3d4ed1692d.png

One thing I'd like to do is get some info or preferrably some code on how to create windows with some content inside Euroscope. Like GR has Approach path or similar, floatable, resizable.

Thank you

Bostjan

Edited by Bostjan Laba (1190497)

• 4 weeks later...
Norberto Padin (1514495)

I'm Norberto and I'm an ATC in VATSIM Argentina. During the las Sector File Update in our region, they introduced the latest TopSky plugin 2.5b7 and changed in the TAG, native callsign for TopSky plugin/CALLSIGN.

In my case, and just for a matter or better reading, I changed the ES Symbology Settings --> Datablock --> user colors in order to assign a blue color for the callsign and orange for destination airport.

Since the introduction of the latest plugin and changing callsign by TopSky plugin/CALLSIGN, it is not possible to change the callsign color from the TAG Editor --> Coloring. 

My question is, there is a way to change the default color (green) of the callsign in the tag, from another place, maybe editing an archive?

Thanks in advance and have a great 2024!!

With standar callsign.jpg

With TopSky_CALLSIGN.jpg

Jannik Vogel (1432304)

Hi Norberto,

the TopSky TAG Items do not adhere with the selected Euroscope coloring but instead the own TopSky internal color logic. The Callsign item will normally have the corresponding color of the flight's status (Assumed, Coordinated, Redundant, etc.). There is no trivial way to change this (and this would also not be within the means and logic of the real world system the plugin is inspired by).

Norberto Padin (1514495)

Hi Jannik, thanks for the prompt reply. Understood the way the plugin works and the way the colors change.

Take care!!

Nor.

Ali Badreldeen (1448616)

Hi Juha, would it be possible to have ACTIVE:ID and ACTIVE:NOTAM work in tandem to define Areas? Currently, we can only use one or the other.

Thank you!

Felix Musselmann (1025793)

Hi Juha,

not sure if it's a ES or Topsky problem, but because you define the color of all the concerned drawings in the TopSky settings i thought i start here:
The problem is, sometimes is the route info (FIX Name, time, NM) drawn below and sometimes above the route line.
Not sure, but maybe the flight direction (east/west) is affecting the draw priority. Best would be if the info would be always be drawn above the line, so you can read it.

Best
Felix

Here is a picture, i used some extreme colors to show the problem:route_draw_priority.thumb.png.b25d7092b82d02ff0342a8ac5619293c.png

Hannes Altmann (1395737)

Hi Juha, 

I noticed that the Topsky Tag items don't change to the urgency colour when an aircraft squawks 7700. Currently, we have defined the urgency colour as follows: Color_Urgency=255,0,0

It seems like only the items of other plugins and default Euroscope items change colour. Am I missing any setting?

image.png.9a4abe5851dc04ee09b90fc368e2901c.png

Edited by Hannes Altmann (1395737)

Juha Holopainen
On 10/01/2024 at 18:59, Felix Musselmann (1025793) said:

not sure if it's a ES or Topsky problem, but because you define the color of all the concerned drawings in the TopSky settings i thought i start here:
The problem is, sometimes is the route info (FIX Name, time, NM) drawn below and sometimes above the route line.
Not sure, but maybe the flight direction (east/west) is affecting the draw priority. Best would be if the info would be always be drawn above the line, so you can read it.

Based on the fix labels that looks like the plugin flight leg, so it would be a plugin issue. I'll have to adjust the drawing order.

On 14/01/2024 at 12:25, Hannes Altmann (1395737) said:

I noticed that the Topsky Tag items don't change to the urgency colour when an aircraft squawks 7700. Currently, we have defined the urgency colour as follows: Color_Urgency=255,0,0

It seems like only the items of other plugins and default Euroscope items change colour. Am I missing any setting?

The label items do not change color based on the track's squawk code, that's normal, and there's no setting to change that.

Juha Holopainen

I tried both the normal and oceanic versions of the window, with both the extended and normal version, and was unable to replicate a shift like that. Nothing in the code looked immediately suspicious either so I'll need exact steps to reproduce.

Hongye Rudi Zhang (1326158)
47 minutes ago, Juha Holopainen said:

I tried both the normal and oceanic versions of the window, with both the extended and normal version, and was unable to replicate a shift like that. Nothing in the code looked immediately suspicious either so I'll need exact steps to reproduce.

Maybe because of the Unicode? Before the extended coming, everything was normal.

Gary Thomas (1248145)

Good Morning

Thanks again for this fantastic plugin which is changing the way us controllers do things and making our life easier.

Please can the oceanic positioning be enabled for a future version? We are using TOPSKY at Gander Oceanic, the message comes through and they get an auto reply of station does not accept this type of message. We have a custom list that one of the replies is POSITION REPORT RECEIVED, which is more than sufficient for this type of message. 

Nguyen Duc (1502513)

Hello,

I have a question regarding the symbol of the tag. Do you guys know why my tags sometimes show circles and squares on different aircraft? I bet it is just an identification method (SSR, ADS-B). Any chances to make it like before? (We are also using CoFrance, so the tag should be a circle instead).

Thanks.

image.png.d314c39839c32a31e677baf31f2a7e87.png              

image.png

orig
Duc Nguyen 
ACCVCL5A | Facilities Deputy Director
Vietnam - Cambodia - Laos vACC

Jannik Vogel (1432304)

Hi Duc! Probably because of the DAPs, so Mode-S able tracks are shown different than Mode-C tracks. There are two different symbol definitions for those since 2.5b4 or something iirc.

• Thanks 1

Nguyen Duc (1502513)
19 hours ago, Jannik Vogel (1432304) said:

Hi Duc! Probably because of the DAPs, so Mode-S able tracks are shown different than Mode-C tracks. There are two different symbol definitions for those since 2.5b4 or something iirc.

Oh, thanks! The information could be found in the developer manuals right? 

orig
Duc Nguyen 
ACCVCL5A | Facilities Deputy Director
Vietnam - Cambodia - Laos vACC

Hongye Rudi Zhang (1326158)

image.png.542c95e89f6129e408c013946c63aa8b.png 

I just realized when the window was changed, maybe it could be an additional option?

Petter Jakobsson (853449)
On 19/01/2024 at 21:13, Hongye Rudi Zhang (1326158) said:

image.png.ac6dd8c5d711779993667eb518c4abc8.png

Hi

I don't know why, but the text seems to be shifted.

This one looks to be due to: System_GUI_Scale_Windows

In the Swedish setup I use 1.1 and we get a shift with other values than 1.0.

• 3 weeks later...
Oliver Gruetzmann (961224)

Can't really say if it is Topsky or not, but at least it seems like the level filters might crash EuroScope 3.2.4 and later. If I enable the level filters, I often (I think even most of the time) get a CTD, without filter, it works fine.

Can anyone confirm this or is it just on my end?

Jingfu Chen (1352605)
On 14/02/2024 at 02:12, Oliver Gruetzmann (961224) said:

Can't really say if it is Topsky or not, but at least it seems like the level filters might crash EuroScope 3.2.4 and later. If I enable the level filters, I often (I think even most of the time) get a CTD, without filter, it works fine.

Can anyone confirm this or is it just on my end?

I think I have something to report on my side. Seems like with ES 3.2.8, when I rapidly switch between ASRs, with Topsky plugin loaded, ES would crash. With Topsky unloaded, ES functions well. Tried with both 2.4.1 and 2.5b7 with the same result.

https://forum.vatsim.net/t/euroscope-v3-2-8/4715/19?u=1352605

• Juha Holopainen locked and unpinned this topic