TopSky plugin 2.5 beta 7

Juha Holopainen

Juha Holopainen
23 hours ago, Max Kuhla (1157125) said:

Multi-QDM groups is a great feature, I have not yet managed to "pick up" the QDM from one of the aircraft to continue adding lines in that same group. If i drop the last line on a fixed position then it is possible to pick it up again to continue adding QDM lines in the same group. This should be possible by pressing (on the middle AFAIK?) of the line when connected to an aircraft.

On 17/03/2024 at 18:57, Juha Holopainen said:

I'll add the QDM related functionality to the radar position symbols and the QDM label.

IRL clicking the line itself is used to re-attach or remove the line. For simplicity, the plugin only creates clickspots to the line ends (and the label in the next version). This results in a slight problem with the RPSs as they already have defined actions for mouse clicks. The QDM line related actions for RPSs will be implemented by holding down the ALT key in addition to the normal action (i.e. Alt+LMB to re-attach, Alt+MMB to change label orientation, Alt+RMB to remove)

2 hours ago, Martin Loxbo (811805) said:

I was trying to put a QDM line between two aircraft that were close together, but apparently it snapped to just one of the aircraft.

I confirm what Max said that we see QDM and distance for QDM lines between aircraft.

So far no luck in trying to reproduce. Do you remember how you created the line? From the Callsign menu, Alt+Q shortcut, Radar menu, some other way? Were you clicking on the RPS or the label to select the track(s)?

That's strange about the label. Maybe it was like that in b7 and I had accidentally changed the settings in the development code to display only the distance, I'm not sure, but having both bearing and distance visible is what the default label should be.

• Like 1

Martin Loxbo (811805)
20 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

So far no luck in trying to reproduce. Do you remember how you created the line? From the Callsign menu, Alt+Q shortcut, Radar menu, some other way? Were you clicking on the RPS or the label to select the track(s)?

Most likely it was via Alt+Q (Alt+3 as we've assigned it in the Swedish beta setup) and clicking on the RPS as I find that the most reliable way to get the line to snap where you need it.

Matisse VanWezer (1385143)
On 10/04/2024 at 16:24, Juha Holopainen said:

Using alt+q and pressing the callsign twice works consistently for me. 

Actually, it also works by pressing the PRS twice - regardless of alt+q or the  radar menu. (This is v2,4,1)

image.png.ed7efc8b501168c92f065c0b88d1a324.png

Edited by Matisse VanWezer (1385143)

Juha Holopainen

Okay, this appears to be fixed in the development build then. I don't remember having done anything to the QDM lines since the last beta but evidently I have. I can see it happening with the older versions, but with the current code no amount of clicking has resulted in the QDM line attaching to the same track.

Hongye Rudi Zhang (1326158)

image.thumb.png.bff8ad980fca3eeec8b3b2516a80d694.png

I think it locked on 250/M78. Didn't show present speed

Juha Holopainen

It's probably working as intended, the documentation is a bit behind in this case. When no ASP value exists, the default value in the non-COOPANS version is a speed calculated from the track groundspeed and the CFL/PEL value. For the COOPANS version, the default value is an offline defined IAS/Mach value (250/M78 by default), or the DMACH value if available. When an ASP value exists, in the non-COOPANS version the default value is the ASP, but in the COOPANS version it's best described as "it's complicated".

Hongye Rudi Zhang (1326158)
8 minutes ago, Juha Holopainen said:

It's probably working as intended, the documentation is a bit behind in this case. When no ASP value exists, the default value in the non-COOPANS version is a speed calculated from the track groundspeed and the CFL/PEL value. For the COOPANS version, the default value is an offline defined IAS/Mach value (250/M78 by default), or the DMACH value if available. When an ASP value exists, in the non-COOPANS version the default value is the ASP, but in the COOPANS version it's best described as "it's complicated".

I'm using COOPANS version, very strange. 2.5b7 seems not to assign a value to DMACH. I don’t know why. but it works with the previous version. 

Bence Bozi (1300686)

I tried to define remote activation airspace with custom defined lower and upper altitudes but it does not work for me. The airspace will be active but the altitudes are wrong (0-1feet).

TRA23A:OVERRIDE_ALL
TRA23A:240423:240423:0:0600:2000:0:125

image.png.5105bb568d57b50ee46674d117cefd73.pngMaybe im doing something wrong?

Juha Holopainen

You're setting the area to be active from 0 ft to 125 ft. The vertical limits are entered in feet, not hundreds of feet.

Bence Bozi (1300686)
5 hours ago, Juha Holopainen said:

You're setting the area to be active from 0 ft to 125 ft. The vertical limits are entered in feet, not hundreds of feet.

🤦‍♂️ Thanks! :D

• Juha Holopainen locked and unpinned this topic